20 September 2011

"Jesus told him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life, no-one can come to the father except through me'" - John 14.6

I was minding my own business today when I just felt God drop this verse in my heart. Then I was reminded of these verses-

"For they hated knowledge and chose not to fear the Lord. They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them. Therefore they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way, choking on their own schemes."
Proverbs 1.29-31

Our greatest sin as human beings was pride. We tried to live independent of God.

His word says that He is THE way, THE truth, and THE life. The use of the word 'the' suggests there is only one way to do things and it's HIS way, not ours.

This means when we are making those daily decisions, big or small, our primary motivator should be whether it's the way He would want it done.

So many times in the past (and even today) I know I have treated God like His plan for my life is a back up plan if mine falls through, when actually, His plan should be my plan.

It's easier said than done. Our natural human nature repels against it, after all. But His ways are higher than our ways, and His plan for each and every one of us is for good.

Deciding to go His way is a constant sacrifice, it means we can't keep our lives the exact same way that they are, but rest assured, what God has in store is so much more than all you'd have without Him.

"If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me."
Matthew 10.39 [The Message]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: