2 December 2011

A Beautiful Exchange

There's a song that we sing at church sometimes, I can't remember the name of the author or the name of the song, but there are words in that song that bring a smile to my face every time I hear them:
"There upon the cross I see,
You're unfailing love for me,
the majesty and mystery,
There upon the cross.

In death you won the victory,
That echoes throughout history,
The promise of eternity,
There upon the cross."
When Jesus was nailed on the cross to die He took ALL our sin, shame and guilt with Him (2 Corinthians 5.21). When I sin, I don't let it get me down. I'm not a sinner. I am a new creation in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 2.17). I have all His righteousness because He took my sin and shame.

It's a concept few non-Christians grasp. God loved me so much, He not only sent His son to help me out of the gutter, He sent His son to take my place.

Being part of Jesus' death and resurrection; dying to sin and rising with Him, means that no matter how many sins I have committed, am committing, or will ever commit, my slate is clean. (Romans 8.1)

God is a God of second, third, fourth and fifth chances. His mercies are new EVERY morning. (Lamentations 3.22-23)

Get to know Jesus and get to know freedom.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: