11 June 2012

Psalm 46.10


This life is so crammed full of things to do, things to see, things to hear, chores, homework, friends to see, family to help, etc...that sometimes we get so busy we don't have time to know God.

Sometimes the best way to hear from God is to pause in the middle of our oh-so-busy lives and take the time to listen to Him.

Stop rushing for a second, pause and re-evaluate.

It's a simple thing that can be as easy as just taking a couple of minutes in your day. You can be anywhere; on the toilet, on the train, in the shower. I find it easiest to just 'be' for a couple of minutes, to stop thinking about everything around me or getting distracted by things/people/noise, and just take a second to thank God for where I am in the exact moment, to bless my day, to take time to zone out from the world and zone in to Him.

Find your way of doing it. I'm big into music, so I find the quickest and easiest way for me to get God centred is to put on a worship album and meditate (as in deeply think about - not necessarily chanting, but whatever you feel comfortable doing) on the words of the song.

It's just remembering God in my day-to-day, not allowing myself to get caught up in the trifling little issues I face each day, but to remember God, who He is and what He's done, and the real calling on my life.


"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"
- Psalm 46.10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: