5 March 2013

The Proof is in The Pudding



2 Peter 1:16 NKJV

"For we did not follow cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of His majesty."

If you are a Brit, or friends with one, you probably know and understand the title of this post. If not... a quick explanation..the saying comes from the original saying 'the proof of the pudding is in the eating' which means that the quality of something is unsure until it has been tested (or in the case of pudding tasted!)

I love this verse in 2 Peter (in the picture it is written from the Message in Swedish) because it says that what the disciples are talking about they didn't just make up, they experienced it for themselves.

In much the same way...all of us as Christians, all of us who have caught a glimpse of God and felt Him touch and change our lives are also talking from experience. It happened to us, that's how we know.

I have not to this day met a Christian who doesn't want to tell you how they met God and He changed them. We call this testimony, because as 'eyewitnesses of His majesty' we are able to stand up and testify that He is for real.

If you are a Christian reading this, never stop sharing with others how you got to know God. If you aren't a Christian (yet) and you're reading this, ask someone who is how they got to be.

One more thing to say on this...no matter what your testimony is, whether you grew up with Christian parents like I did, or you grew up in completely different circumstances, your testimony is important and of equal importance.

I used to think that because I grew up in a Christian home my testimony about finding God was redundant, but it isn't. The fact that I grew up in a Christian home meant I was exposed to my parent's faith a lot and that they did their best to encourage me to have a relationship with God but the truth is...I know the day when I finally encountered God and He changed me so that I began to live out of that...and THAT is my testimony, and it can and will bless others just as much as the testimony of a former atheist can.

P. S. I'll share it another time. x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: