15 September 2011

"I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life." - John 8.12

For those of you reading who don't know me too well, I'm hoping to move to Stockholm next year after graduating. I've loved the place for some time and am teaching myself how to speak the language (slowly but surely). Somebody I spoke to today mentioned that Sweden has a very high suicide rate because of the darkness, and is slightly communist, and I don't know if it was an attempt to discourage me from going or just an offhand comment, but I immediately felt God's reassurance and the gentle reminder of the Holy Spirit that light casts out darkness.

The number one reason I plan to move to Stockholm is because I feel it's God's plan for me, and the second is that I know that it is a place where a lot of people still need to know who Jesus is.

Getting home this evening, I opened my bible and ended up at this verse:

"...God is light, in Him there is no darkness at all."
-1 John 1.5

There's reassurance if I needed any!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments: